Thursday, September 07, 2006

Septembers

It seems like I've always been transitioning - moving-up-and-on in the Septembers of my brief history.

September brought me my first year to university, my first time moving in with a fella, my first move to London, then my second; and now, flying across the pond for another year of adventures coincides, once again, with the coming of an autumn nip in the air.

There's something about September that I relate to more than with any other season. It's such a visceral experience - the smells and colours of our landscapes- all change. Burnt leaves, decaying flora, signifying a death but I sense the excitement of change on the crisp air.

It's a perfect time for re-evaluation of situations, for transformations that have been avoided the rest of the year.


(It's also time for my birthday. September 22, just so's y'all know. It'll be my first quarter of a centry to click by.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home