Thursday, September 07, 2006

Post from the Air

Okay, so this is supposed to be a travelling blog, as I am the Travelling Broad after all.

That thought came to mind as I pondered the great white clouds below me from the pigeon hole window belonging to row 13F. I haven't even talked about my travels - past or current, in any of my blogs! Well, what could I do about it at the moment, 7,000 feet above the ground?

The truth is, I could still write, even if I couldn't post. With a mental groan that always accompanies an act of anti-procrastination, I opened up my laptop and began to type...
...
It’s brilliant outside – the sun is flashing through the airplane windown and blinding my laptop screen. I’m typing on faith while metatating on that Great, grey-shimmering lake visible below. So massive, it looks like an ocean, except for the ragged shoreline and smattering of smaller lakes that surround it. Perhaps it’s more like a giant puddle that someone has jumped into,. I slept for a good half of the flight and as we near landing, I’m finally fulfilling my urge to write. I hope we have at least ten more minutes – I realise I want to talk.

...

Everything moves so quickly. I was thinking that earlier this morning when Nicholas and I arrived at the airport much sooner than I remembered, and then we bipased the usual check-in hassles when I droppped off my luggage with nary a wait (thanks to online check-in.) This departure was going faster than I wanted and being caught up in my feelings of haste, I misread the giant analog clock and with a gasp, went to hug Nicholas goodbye, at which point he gently informed me I had an hour before I needed to go through customs.

Sometimes, Time is on our side.

So we ordered drinks and ate our Saskatchewan cream cheese bagles that we had oh-so-smartly prepared at home. That precious hour was just what I needed to mentally prepare for this giant move.

...

More tomorrow. Tonight I'm off with Emily to catch Ben Watt dj at the Century Room.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 a.m., September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jode!

It was so great to see you yesterday and all the other times we had this summer. IT's been fantastic!

By the by, did you have a funny feeling on Wednesday talking with the Leg. security guys about security cameras in London?
Just our little secret.

Love you, Mom.

 
At 12:45 a.m., September 08, 2006, Blogger nicholas said...

Your description of the lakes makes me think of Bjork, "Hyperballad". Nice! It'd be fun to throw things in and hear the sounds they make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home