Friday, September 01, 2006

Generations

I finally retired my Canon PowerShot A40 camera, the one Aryn gave me in 2002. I continued my loyalty to Canon, as they have provided me with four years of top quality pictures, so purchased the younger, lighter PowerShot A530.

The comparisons between the new and old make me laugh:
  • 5 Mega Pixels versus 2;
  • 2 AA batteries vs. 4;
  • 4x optical zoom vs. 3x;
  • 2 GB memory card vs. a 128 MB;
  • and finally, the biggest hoot n' holler of them all: $260 vs. $400.

Now, the question remained: What could I do with the old A40, as it's actually still a perfectly useful camera?

Turns out, my Grandparents showed interest in learning how to use it, and after a gentle and simple tutorial, they are now the delighted owners of their very first digital camera!


(This photo was my demonstration of the 10 second delay feature.)

It's so neat how the generations can come together, especially in this age of technology.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 a.m., September 02, 2006, Blogger M said...

Hurray for recycling cameras! Last year I finally retired my A20[?] (gave to Andrea for her b-day) and bought Wade's old A70. Andrea has since moved up to the A540, Wade has moved (way up) to a digital rebel xt, and I am jonesing for an update as well (although I'm holding off because I don't seem to take enough photos to justify it). Canons rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home