Wednesday, December 12, 2007

CAN-BIKE Romances?

Upon checking my CAN-BIKE junkmail box, this letter jumped onto the screen:

Hello Dear!

How are you? I hope that all good for you and you will read my letterwith a interest. Ok. I got your e-mail through internet datingcompany. I want to arrive to USA and I have good chance for this.I need only man who can meet me in USA and probably we can to developour relations.

Ok. My name is Alina. I'm from Warszawa, Poland. I'm 26 years old. I am ready for creation family and want it very much.I cannot find the man in Poland for myself because it very hard in Poland.I want to create family and to live in your country because the government to care about people. I want to live and be sure in the future.In Poland it is not possible to live easy.

I want to tell about myself a little. I live in city Warszawa. It's capital of Poland.My city is very beautiful. I work as the seller in shop home appliances.I'm cheerful woman who like to go for sports and do all what like are usual peoples.

My history: I'm with my girlfriend were going to go in your country as tourists for search of men for serious relations.But my girlfriend could not go with me. She had problems with your family.But very soon I will receive visa and I don't want to lose a chance toarrive in your country. I will receive visa in 7 days for your country.Now I'm waiting for reception of my visa. It willbe great if you can meet me and we can to have relations with you. I'munderstand that it very strange, but probably it's desteny for you andme. I understand that you will ask me "Where did you get my e-mail?"I'm right??? ;) I got your e-mail through internet dating agencyin my city. I gave them my letter and they told me that they will sendmy letter.

And I will be very happy if YOU will answer to me.I will be very happy if you will write me and we will have our meetingvery soon. And it is possible we a meeting in 7 days because I can arrive to you. Please tell to me about yourself a little!

What is your full name?
Your age?
City?

I hope that you will answer to me back...I will wait your answer so much...Write to me on e-mail

Yours Alina

I have to wonder the legitimacy of it all: is there really a poor Alina in Poland, waiting with baited-breath for CAN-BIKE's response?

4 Comments:

At 10:02 p.m., December 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I got the exact same one word for word today so I think it is not very legitimate ;)

 
At 9:47 a.m., December 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also got the exact same email yesterday, so I guess it's some sort of spam email. The only thing I can think of is that it's to verify if your email is an active account so they can sell your email address. The email I got also had this at the end: "Write to me on e-mail : Alina.zhyzneuskaja@gmail.com Yours Alina"

 
At 5:49 p.m., December 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same one. I was curious so I replied back. She sent pictures. I replied again and said, I am pretty sure this isn't a real person. I got another reply saying how can I prove that I am. My replies are vague, and I am not saying anything about myself. I am curious now to see where this goes.

 
At 3:25 p.m., December 19, 2007, Blogger Lightfooted said...

Ha ha! You're adventurous! Do keep us posted of where this goes, if anywhere but the junk mail box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home