Thursday, February 22, 2007

Words

Sick of using the verb "to obtain" on my resume objective, I went in search of a more enthusiastic and active word to use.

I liked the idea of 'procuring'... I have always thought it to be a rather romantic and swashbuckling way of getting something.

However, the Cambridge Dictionary did a mighty fine job of squashing my lust for procuring. The second definition listed was:

"to obtain a prostitute for someone else to have sex with"


(But apparently, if you are in procurement of something, you're just in the act of getting supplies.)

2 Comments:

At 12:51 p.m., February 26, 2007, Blogger kent said...

Haha...I stumbled upon that exact same definition a little while ago.

 
At 3:42 p.m., March 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acquire? Attain? Fetch! Extract!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home