Thursday, January 25, 2007

“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” Henry Ford

Gack: I can't believe it's Thursday. Already! I'm sitting amidst boxes and suitcases full of my life's possessions, considering how I'll get it all to Toronto. I move in 8 days and 18 hrs.

Careful consideration must be given to the important questions, like:
  • Should I bring my knitting? Will I have the time?
  • Do I have to leave my ski equipment behind? (Waaah!)
  • How many comfort books do I need to bring? Can I possibly do without Tim Moore's French Revolutions? or Timothy Finley's Not Wanted on the Voyage?
  • The breadmaker takes up a lot of room but will bring great joy. Is it worth the weight?
  • My bike - my poor, poor Guru - can it survive another jostling journey?
  • Can I make it on only six pairs of shoes?
  • Must I resort to shipping boxes across the country?
But two questions supersede all others:

1. Where will I put it all when I get to Toronto, and;
2. How much do I really need?

Makes me think of that famous song...

All you need is love, love... Loooove is all you need... everything else can be picked up along the way, I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 1:27 p.m., February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok darling here we go:

DO bring your knitting, there is an awesome "knit cafe" on queen street where you can go stitch and bitch

DON'T bring your ski equipment, there are no decent ski hills for miles - and I do mean, MILES - around. better just to fly back to alberta/bc for ski vacation.

books are good.

breadmaker ... how often do you use it? maybe box it up and ship it to mine or nicholas' addy instead of bringing it with you.

THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD CHEAP BIKES IN TORONTO

THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD CHEAP SHOE STORES IN TORONTO - esp. on yonge street.

and shipping boxes will make your life easier. my daddy sent me a HUGE box via Fed Ex after xmas and it only cost $30. VERY worth it!!!!!

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home