Friday, January 12, 2007

Bright Eyes

I was fortunate enough to be invited up to Big White several times over the Christmas holiday to enjoy skiing with Nicholas and his parents, and by happy coincidence, to catch up with Loren and Tiara and their new baby girl, Liv! She looked so sweet and sleepy in her bassinet but I guess she was saving her energy to howl at me when I held her for the first time. Tiara came to the rescue and after Liv got an early dinner, I tried again and this was the result, much to my enjoyment and relief...what a sparkly, bright-eyed girl!



Motherhood suits Tiara amazingly and even more amazing is that she'll be starting on a masters in international development next month at the University of Kwa-Zula-Natal in Durban, South Africa! They are in the midst of preparing to move back to Africa (they spent nearly all of 2005 in Tunisia, and have a terrific record of it here.) Little Liv is lucky that she'll have one of the most attentive fathers ever to care for her while her mother is attending University. I'm sure she'll love watching him create the extremely expressive art he's known for painting (and her little colourful handprints all over the canvases will lend a care-free and innocent feel to your
work, right Loren?)



I am very pleased to see how happy, contented and calm they all seem and wish them the very best in their 2007 adventures. Félicitations sur tous vos nouveaux développements, et bonne chance!

2 Comments:

At 6:27 a.m., January 17, 2007, Blogger Loren said...

not sure about having her little handprints all over the canvasses (some of those paints are pretty toxic - and what goes on the hands is likely to go in the mouth), but she'll be in the thick of my artistic fog for sure. We'll have Liv-themed drawings and all manner of paintings, and when it comes to charcoal - Liv smudges will abound.

It was a delight to see you up at Big White, and can't wait to see you again however long from now that might be!

 
At 6:22 p.m., January 20, 2007, Blogger tiaraletourneau said...

Merci et bien fait ma belle! Thanks for the compliment, personally I think motherhood sort of fell on me but I'm glad to know it look alright on ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home