Sunday, January 14, 2007

Warm enough?

Skiing at Panorama yesterday was cold. Very cold, -25ยบ at the top of the hill. At one point, a liftie told me that I should go in for a break, as she noticed white spots on my cheeks and nose. I laughed and told her this was our first run since coming out from lunch!

Today I rediscovered that my fancy ski coat actually came with a balaclava that attaches to the collar. I think I'll wear it tomorrow on the hill if I need to, sans the rabbit fur hat.













I'm just worried it might not be fashionable enough....

Joking! Just joking. I know skiing isn't about what you look like, or if you match.... right Nicholas? *wink* It doesn't matter what you wear if you ski like a hot damn.

4 Comments:

At 11:10 p.m., January 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, when Brian and I went to Sunshine last year I got all down on myself 'cause I hadn't skied since Grade 10 AND I was all mismatched (and you know me--if I'm mismatched there's a point to it!) Brian comforted me by pointing out fashionably/expensively dressed snowboarders when they wiped out.

Becks (who can't remember her blogger password)

 
At 10:01 p.m., January 16, 2007, Blogger Lightfooted said...

Ooooh, not good! I decided not to wear the balaclava on Monday because I took Christine's Open Dorrs class out to the hill and I really didn't want to look like a dork, and now I've got an odd scaley patch on my chin that, as Jay describes it, feels "waxy and stiff." Hmmmm.... not cool!

 
At 6:32 a.m., January 17, 2007, Blogger Loren said...

Good luck with that Jodes,

waxy and scaly... not really a good thing, no.

Yet another example of the lengths some of us will go to in the name of fashion. Way to take one for the cause! (I figured I aught to cheer it on. It may not have been the brightest move ever, but somebody had to do it ;-) )

 
At 11:15 a.m., January 19, 2007, Blogger nicholas said...

That balaclava is hot. FBI hot. Actually with that hat it's KGB hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home