Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm still alive

Wow - does life ever pick up the pace when you're already busy. I can't believe that I haven't posted in nearly a week! I'm a wee bit anxious, as I've wanted to keep this blog going on a daily basis, so please don't give up on me - I will be back to my usual blogger-happy self in no time at all.

Some of my immediate thoughts that I want to share right this moment: (I've given myself five minutes to type before I send myself off to bed.)

1. Birthday parties galore! Melissa celebrated her 23rd in Covent Gardens on Friday and it was great to be in the company of other Canadians teachers. They are so very very nice! They had a great group of friends along and we got to dance to some terribly 80s music (which we all agreed was truly terrible, and not just 80s terrible.)



2. At the party I told the girls that it was my birthday was last week and there was a lot of fuss made about me not telling them before. So Melissa, Michele and Melanie came over to my new place tonight, bringing salmon and salads and dip and Nanimo bars (imported from Canada, thanks to Mel's parents) and I prepared a buffet spread of salads and beet soup and Scottish bread and it was truly homely and warm having dinner together. Melanie provided the entertainment by showing pictures of her month-long trip through Europe. Norway is now on my list of places to visit, for sure. So is Denmark. It was funny, though, when she started sharing her photos of Berlin, how Melissa and Michele recognised the progression of the photos and realised they all took the same tour.

3. Flu still hanging on, although I don't feel as if I'll die like I did last night. Thank goodness the hospital is within crawling distance, as I felt as if my old nemesis entamobea histolytica had come back to fight me with a hundred times the strength. But I slept it out and today had enough energy to make food and prepare for the dinner, although I did it all doubled-over and at a snail's pace. Already feeling better, sleep will do me good. Will take tomorrow off work.

Whoop, there goes my five minutes. Alrighty, bed is calling me. Kleenex is calling me. Head-ache decongestant tablets calling me. Cuppa earl grey tea is calling me. Alas, my Prince Charming is across the pond, and although he sent me chicken soup via an e-card, the alternatives here are much, much less soothing, and I will not be calling on them.

Good night.

3 Comments:

At 12:29 a.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger nicholas said...

80's music is never terrible. "I think we're alone now" will always be a classic for me!

 
At 8:36 a.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger Loren said...

not sure that I agree with Nicholas...

I have heard some horrendous 80s music. There's some good stuff, true, but calisse, the bad stuff could be really, really bad. (And I'm not talking about the so-ba-it's-good stuff, either)

 
At 9:07 a.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger Lightfooted said...

oooh, I know. Seriously, the rubbish they were playing on Friday was offensive! The music fluxuated between songs we didn't know and songs we didn't like. Never heard a single Tiffany song that night.

The only upside to the club was watching Melissa's two friends, "Jr." and "Mac" (black, blinged-out boys), who were giving it their best shots at grinding and grooving with every girl they could. They were totally in the wrong club! It was highly entertaining...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home