Thursday, September 21, 2006

Random Art Attack II

Does this count as art? I don't know, but it was the first art-related object I saw after cycling away from the Schiphol airport on my folding bike.**

When I saw this billboard, I knew I was going to like Amsterdam: an uninhibited, liberated, gender-equality oriented and, best of all, a very very cycle-friendly city.

**There's a story behind my folding bike adventure; Shelley & Emily know it best - and share it often (thanks, gals...) It has something to do with me cycling to Gatwick airport, being stopped by a British police officer on the motorway, exclaiming "Are you mad?" to which I responded: "No, I'm Canadian!" Needless to say, I narrowly avoided a lift from the bobbies!

4 Comments:

At 4:44 p.m., September 21, 2006, Blogger nicholas said...

Definitely art, look at those boots and that pose!

 
At 8:56 p.m., September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is art, brackworst period. Nudist Army Camp Guy

 
At 9:16 p.m., September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your headlamp had burnt out.

 
At 4:46 a.m., September 22, 2006, Blogger Lightfooted said...

Riiiight: I remember now. I was cycling down the A40 (equiv to umm.. the Edmonton-Calgary highway) while my headlamp was slowing dying. Come to think of it, I was wearing the headlamp as I was going to buy bike lights (and a helmet) in Amsterdam, where it's sold super-barter-cheap open market style.

But with my one-speed folding bicycle, it was much slower-going than I anticipated and I found myself still cycling at 10pm, four hours after I left inner city London (to be fair: 35 miles is a lot to try to cram into four hours.)

Oooh, the things we do when we are young and foolish! Right Mom? Right Dad? Right Mike?

Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home