Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Secret


Watched a fantastic movie tonight... the Secret (and if I get at least one person asking what the secret is, I'll reveal all here (I'm that eager to share it.)

There were many great ideas coming from this little movie and it really pulled me out of my house-hunting blues. All today, I was feeling frustrated every time I did any house-hunting; and by focusing on that frustration, I was unconsciously reconfirming and recreating the exhausting experience of searching, calling, questioning, viewing, and rejecting houses that didn't meet my criteria.

(In truth, I didn't do all that much research, or visit that many houses (six since Wednesday) but I definitely made sure that I wasn't really enjoying the whole process.)


The movie made me realise I was focusing on the wrong emotions. I was focusing on the negatives. To actually get what I want, which is a happy home for the next six months, I've got to create, hold and manifest the joyful emotions of being in a happy home. Close my eyes and imagine exactly what it feels like to be in my new house. Really relish the sanctity of my bedroom, the cleanliness and inspirational utility of the kitchen, the calm and contented vibes of my housemates.

When I start feeling frustrated again, I will stop myself and recall the positive emotions, to really hold onto the core nature of my house and the right place will come to me. The right advert will pop up on thegumtree.com, the timing and price will be right and as soon as I step onto the street of my new home, I will know it's right for me.

This thought - nay, this reality makes me very happy.

Follow your bliss and doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors.
- Joseph Campbell


NP
Thanks, Ryan, for showing me the Secret when you did.

(And no, I certainly wasn't "on" anything when I wrote this post!)

7 Comments:

At 10:32 p.m., September 17, 2006, Blogger nicholas said...

K, what is the secret. I thought it was a lame horror movie. I haven't seen it though. How did it insight all these thoughts?

 
At 9:22 a.m., September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.thesecret.tv

 
At 9:30 a.m., September 18, 2006, Blogger Loren said...

and since you asked for it on my blog, and since I think you might like to see it http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ is always an interesting distraction...

Looks great Jodes - and I don't think you were on anything when you wrote the post. There's a kind of familiarity to the thoughts, for me.

 
At 9:31 a.m., September 18, 2006, Blogger Loren said...

I suppose I should have made that Post a Secret

:-)

 
At 11:39 a.m., September 18, 2006, Blogger nicholas said...

Ohhhh, You did tell me about this b ut I guess I was thinking of the ring or something. The title automatically makes me think it's a horror movie for some reason.

 
At 12:00 p.m., September 18, 2006, Blogger Lightfooted said...

So yeah, I've already told you about the secret, Nicholas, and I'm shocked it wasn't a life-changing revelation and that you'd confuse it with a third-rate horror film. Utterly shocking...

 
At 5:08 p.m., September 18, 2006, Blogger M said...

what's all the fuss?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home