Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shy a Day

Ohmi goodness!I've abandoned my blog for nearly a month, shy a day. I've never let it go this long. What a shame.... how many of you still check it?

anyone? anyone?

(Ferris Bueller moment there.)

Well, part of the problem is I still haven't yet sucked-it-up and paid for a keyboard replacement, so every time I need to use the letter "a" I have to hold down the Ctrl key and hit "v." It's tedious and akward especially if my left hand is a bit slow to release the Ctrl key and my right types the next letter and then annoying stuff happens all over the screen, esp. if the next letter is an l, or d, or v or b, etc. and just forget about finding a capital "a" to paste!

I've got a few pictures from the last month. Mostly involving food. Nicholas is amazing
at dreaming up great food ideas and combinations. His latest inspiration was our 5ft by 4ft balcony and on the weekend we went out to our local Candian Tire and got us a BBQ, two folding chairs and some cute little flowering plants. and so, 14 floors up on a Sunday night, we had ourselves a grilled steak and eggplant dinner. Complete, of course, with a couple bottles of beers. Mmmmm!

7 Comments:

At 1:11 p.m., May 15, 2007, Blogger nicholas said...

Mmmmm, that was pretty tasty! I'm sure the people in the apartment above us thought it smelled pretty good too.

 
At 7:43 a.m., May 16, 2007, Blogger Loren said...

You know, it's strange. There's a huge cultural thing here around using coal barbecues... Apparently gas setups exist, but I have yet to see one anywhere. Some people still swear by wood, as well... It's like the more rustic it can go, the more manly. Whereas in Canada, gas is just WAY more convenient and far less smoky.

I guess it's one of those different strokes things.

 
At 11:28 a.m., May 19, 2007, Blogger kent said...

Coal is big in Egypt as well. There's something manly about lighting your own coals and then fanning them with a chicken feather fan.

 
At 7:56 p.m., May 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm! I'm coming over for a bbq.

 
At 3:09 p.m., May 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky wrote:

I did check your blog today but I think people have moved over to Facebook! But I still check your blog now and then... xoxoxo!

 
At 1:34 p.m., May 31, 2007, Blogger Lightfooted said...

Thanks Becks - I know there's still a loyal Blogger crowd that checks in... including my grandma and mom.

 
At 5:13 p.m., June 19, 2007, Blogger nicholas said...

you should set up facebook with an rss feed. Then your blog posts will go into it... I'll show you how for a price!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home