Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Foggy coast of England


I went away to the coast for the weekend, thanks to an invite from Brad and Mandy to join their little soiree of twenty of their closest friends who headed out of town to celebrate Brad's 27th birthday in style. They gathered at the Poplars Farmhouse (seriously check out this link!) Stunning house, so picturesque - or picturess, as the Mayor of Sangudo would say (ouch!)
Anyways, I digress...

The weekend was perfect.

More to follow but it's well past my bedtime and I've got to be chipper for work tomorrow. Coz with those rascally kids you really gotta be on your toes or they will wear you right down... it's gradual, with their finely-honed sense of sarcasm and innate ability to feel out the small fissures in the shield that we supply teacher all tend to build-up over our depressingly short careers.

Just three more months... and Nicholas is coming soon so I'm taking the week off. Woohoo!

2 Comments:

At 11:24 a.m., November 09, 2006, Blogger M said...

LOL at the mayor of Sangudo :)

 
At 5:43 p.m., November 12, 2006, Blogger Lightfooted said...

Yeah, I know... but I do feel a twinge of guilt for belittling the "little village with the big heart." It is so little and yet so many good people come from there.

Travelling hasn't made made me pompous, I swear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home