Monday, October 23, 2006

Mad Cows in Brighton

Yesterday, two cows named Ryan and Kathy were spotted riding in the pouring rain. Apparently they rode all the way from London to Brighton in an epic eight hour journey to raise money for their ultimate frisbee team, the Thundering Herd, which is going to the World's in Australia in 17 days.

Ryan, the crazy Bear, would of course make it even more of a challenge by taking his single-speed bicycle. There is this hill right before Brighton which is such a killer that I crashed out on my 21speed the first time I did it, and had to stop to rest twice the second time around. I can only imagine how fit Ryan must be to make it up on his single-speed! He said, "I got to the top and was thinking, cool I can coast, then I get hit by this 30mph coastal headwind which was soo strong we had to pedal down the hill to keep moving"

The best part? "Mooing at joggers as we passed."


Oh those mad, mad cows.

For more photos of their journey go here.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 a.m., October 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a totally cute idea! The pics are hilarious. Good for Ryan and Kathy.

Hey Jode! Sorry we missed your call on the weekend. Let's try for Sunday ok?

Bye Love!

Mom

 
At 8:41 p.m., October 29, 2006, Blogger Loren said...

I miss Ulti... It's been a long time since I've been out and doing that... sigh... On the upside, I've been getting a little parkour going on in the streets of Montreal.

I'm pretty much a lost case at the moment, but every day gets a little better. Down in South Africa, if I can find the time and a team, I'm back in the Ulti circuit!

Send my good luck on to the Thundering Herd. They'll get a drubbing from the Canadians and the Americans, but we'll wish 'em luck anyway ;-)

 
At 10:26 a.m., October 31, 2006, Blogger kent said...

That is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home