Monday, February 11, 2008

No Comment

In the last three months, Travelling Broad revived 1,161 'hits' to its homepage. That's about a dozen visitors a day, although today it was 21. Of these 1,161 visits, only 19 comments were generated, leaving me to ponder the impact of my blog.

In the past, comments were frequent. I loved them as fodder of further discussion and as proof that my site was being enjoyed. I can't help but wonder - is it something I've done?

However, a perusal of other blogs out there alleviated my concerns somewhat. There seems to be a general decline of commentators on all our blogs. The blog's content or quality didn't seem to impact the number of comments, or lack thereof.

Is it an issue of you'll scratch my back if I scratch yours? Is Facebook somehow to blame?

What would it take to rouse the passions of our readers to share with us their incredibly valuable thoughts and opinions?

Any comments?

4 Comments:

At 2:58 p.m., February 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm commenting on your post about lacking comments! One strategy might be to start posting wildly controversial content... you know, just a little inflammatory bait here and there. Although the effect would probably die off quickly.

Facebook might be to blame, yeah. People with whom I use my blog to keep in touch with are on Facebook now. Personally, I'd rather read someone's blog to keep in touch than get 'poked' :-)

 
At 11:06 a.m., February 14, 2008, Blogger nicholas said...

Yeah, facebook is totally to blame. I agree I think some inflammatory commets are the way to go... Here's one. I think I'd vote for Hillary rather than Barak, you know if I was American! Ok, bring on the comments

 
At 2:43 a.m., February 16, 2008, Blogger kent said...

Fascist! Feminist!

Go back to your upscale retirement complex in south Florida.

I would've voted for Mike Huckabee...you know, the guy that congratulated Canada on preserving its national igloo.

 
At 9:08 p.m., March 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're fishing for comments tisk tisk, and I suppose I will oblige. P.S. you're fat. isn't that the most inflammatory thing you can say to a woman?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home